Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Creepy and disturbing" Kossacks invade privacy of blogger



After DKos member Buffy posted a maudlin diary entry, the krazy kossacks took it upon themselves to not only expose the member, but actually showed up at her door! Buffy's former employer was also contacted.

Here is the diary that caused the whole thing.

Here are some comments in response to the diary:

"I'm crying as I type."

"
Please give her a hug."

"I'm in tears."

"I'm a grown man And the sheer beauty of this simple comment has me tearing up."

"It's alright to cry"

"I'm a grown woman. When I was a child I never cried. Now that I'm a more whole person, I cry all the time. Took lots of work to get here, and I'm not giving it up."

Here's a breakdown of what the Krazy Kossacks were involved with:

- Posting her personal description, and a description of her dogs
- Posting her last known locations (Boston Public Library, etc.)
- Sending her name and home address to any poster who identifies himself as a Boston resident
- Contacting her family
- Contacting former employers (this, for a woman who is already unemployed and needs references)
- Sending a stranger to visit her apartment
- Sending another stranger who will try to persuade her to get into a car with him and drive to Pennsylvania

This is why we cannot trust liberals to run this country. They are much too emotional. Imagine posting a diary after a having a bad day or drank a few too many beers, and having krazy liberals showing up at your door. Scary, huh?

Even DKos founder, Markos, called the actions of the Krazy Kossacks "creepy and disturbing". Here's some of his comments on the situation:

"Guys, while I appreciate the sentiment for Buffy's well-being and safety, there have been serious violations of privacy -- many of them completely unjustifiable. I'll probably get flamed for this, but there are some principles that are sacrosanct, and individual privacy is one of those to me.... There are lines that can be crossed, and many of you simply obliterated some of those lines with this Buffy thing...people create anonymous accounts on sites like Daily Kos because they don't want their offline activities intruding into the real world. And you guys have violated that implicit wish and done so in an extremely public matter."





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home